[Haskell-beginners] Problem with installing GHCi 8.0.1

Russ Abbott russ.abbott at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 04:17:22 UTC 2016

I downloaded GHCi 8.0.1 for Windows. Since I don't have administrator
privileges I repeatedly clicked no when asked if I wanted to stop and
restart with elevated privileges. Eventually it installed (in a folder on
the desktop). The next step tells me to change some lines in the cabal
user-config file.  I followed the instructions to find that file, but all I
got was an html file, which didn't seem right.  I looked manually in
multiple directories, but nothing seemed like the right file. Would someone
help me find the file that needs to be changed.

Also, WinGHCi does not appear in my start menu. Should it appear there by
this point?

Thanks.