[Haskell-beginners] Ambiguous module name `Prelude': it was found in multiple packages (trying to install HXQ)

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Tue Jan 5 21:16:57 UTC 2016

On Tue, 05 Jan 2016 18:25:10 +0100, Stanislaw Findeisen
<waka.2015 at eisenbits.com> wrote:

> On 2016-01-05 01:56, Henk-Jan van Tuyl wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 16:59:13 +0100, Stanislaw Findeisen
>> <waka.2015 at eisenbits.com> wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>> src/Text/XML/HXQ/XQuery.hs:1:1:
>>>      Ambiguous module name `Prelude':
>>>        it was found in multiple packages: base haskell98-2.0.0.2
>>> cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
>>> HXQ-0.19.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
>>> ExitFailure 1
>>
>> I think the answer is given at:
>>    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7339635/ambiguous-module-name-prelude
>>
>> HXQ is not updated since 2011; the package haskell98 should be removed
>> from the dependencies.
>
> Ok, so how can one use HXQ in a project?

You can do "cabal unpack hxq" and update the file hxq.cabal; I tried it
and there are many more things that need updates. Your best bet would be
to ask the author to update the package. Otherwise, you could ask the
Haskell Café if someone would like to take over maintenance of HXQ.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--
Folding at home