[Haskell-beginners] infinite type

Imants Cekusins imantc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 22:43:31 UTC 2016

> Every function in Haskell has exactly one argument.

well partially applied functions may be used in the intermediary stages of
function processing however if programmer expects a function to return
primitive value (as opposed to a function), that return value will only be
available once that function is fully applied.

In other words, for

where z is a primitive value (not a function), (...) can be as long as we
like, if not full (...) are applied, we get

To obtain z - the purpose f was written for - we need to pass full (...)

although every function may be passed 1 (or even 0) args, n  or
(in)complete args has some meaning.