[Haskell-beginners] The (x:xs) in function parameter is a tuple?

Josh Barney bayesragem at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 04:35:02 UTC 2016

The way I learned it:
A tuple type is defined by the types inside it, so an (int,int) is not the same type as an (int, maybe(int)). With a one-tuple the type would just be (int) and that provides zero benefit.
Instead of trying to do `first (...my expression...)` to get the first element of the one tuple, it just becomes the value inside.

Sent from my iPhone