[Haskell-beginners] foldr on infinite list to decide prime number

Chul-Woong Yang cwyang at aranetworks.com
Tue Feb 2 01:36:03 UTC 2016

I feel sorry for posting mis-formatted code.
I re-post the question.
--

Hi, all.

While I know that foldr can be used on infinite list to generate infinite
list,
I'm having difficulty in understaind following code:

isPrime n = n > 1 &&  -- from haskell wiki
        foldr (\p r -> p*p > n || ((n `rem` p) /= 0 && r)) True primes
primes = 2 : filter isPrime [3,5..]

primes is a infinite list of prime numbers, and isPrime does foldr to get a
boolean value.
What causes foldr to terminate folding?

Any helps will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you.