[Haskell-beginners] Simple function comparison

Stephen Renehan d11124067 at mydit.ie
Wed Nov 25 11:39:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm looking to do a comparison between 2 simple functions to see if
they are equivalent but I appear to be running into some problems if
anyone can help.

The two functions I want to compare are f (g a) and g (f a).

I have f defined and g defined as
 f :: a -> a
 f = undefined

g :: a -> a.
g =  undefined

The compiler was complaining about the type signature lacking a
binding so added undefined to get around the error. I understand that
I must be missing something very basic as they look incomparable in
this form. Any suggestions of what changes I should make such a
comparison practical?

Many thanks,

Stephen

--

This email originated from DIT. If you received this email in error, please
delete it from your system. Please note that if you are not the named

Is ó ITBÁC a tháinig an ríomhphost seo. Má fuair tú an ríomhphost seo trí
earráid, scrios de do chóras é le do thoil. Tabhair ar aird, mura tú an
seolaí ainmnithe, go bhfuil dianchosc ar aon nochtadh, aon chóipeáil, aon
dáileadh nó ar aon ghníomh a dhéanfar bunaithe ar an ábhar atá sa
ríomhphost nó sna hiatáin seo. www.dit.ie

Tá ITBÁC ag aistriú go Gráinseach Ghormáin – DIT is on the move to
Grangegorman <http://www.dit.ie/grangegorman>