[Haskell-beginners] question about list processing

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 13:33:22 UTC 2015

Just after I posted that question, I started driving home, and on the drive
I thought of your answer. I think I'm starting to ask the right questions
when I'm programming in Haskell. Like redundancy and bloat is a sure sign
that a more witty expression is available, and that I should consult the
typeclasses.

Second, I am not used to the implications of laziness, so it took me a
while to hit on your solution because I keep thinking you have to map
something over the whole list, and that if you only want to map it over the
head, you are stuck.

You can use 'map' also, instead of 'fmap', right? Is 'map' just 'fmap' for
lists?