[Haskell-beginners] How to check the help page of a function?

Raphael Gaschignard dasuraga at gmail.com
Mon May 18 02:17:22 UTC 2015

Kind of surprised at the attitude shown in this thread. It's entirely
reasonable to expect a REPL to offer help functionality (especially coming
from Python/R), even if , digging deeper, it turns out to be difficult to
offer. Mainly because docs aren't auto-included with packages.

   ghci isn't meant to be a full-blown dev environment, but hey the python
console isn't meant to either.

  I think a tangential issue is that there's no "blessed" solution, so
we're worried about lock-in.

https://wiki.haskell.org/GHC/GHCi <-- this page describes how to set up
your environment to get output from hoogle into ghci (by doing :hoogle map
for example).