[Haskell-beginners] Parser

Mike Houghton mike_k_houghton at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 17 14:28:59 UTC 2015

Thanks guys.

Finally got there and I’m sorry, I should have put more detail in the original question.

movesParser :: Parser Moves
movesParser = do
		move <- moveParser
		char ';'
		moves <- many  moveParser
		return $ Moves ([move] ++ moves)

main = do
 	let mvsIo = readFile “moves.txt”   — IO String
 	mvs <- mvsIo                               — String
 	let m = parse movesParser "Parsing Moves" mvs
 	return m

I must say that the people on this list are very helpful and polite.
Also Haskell is a challenge but so rewarding. It’s become the ‘itch I have to scratch’.

Thanks