[Haskell-beginners] trying to install libraries for Haskell School of Expression

DJ jakep at arqux.com
Sun Mar 1 19:31:58 UTC 2015

Brandon: Thanks. I did have to install some gtk libraries. I am also
working in a sandbox now. This moved things ahead somewhat. But I am
getting this now from 'cabal install soegtk':

Graphics/SOE/Gtk.hs:94:18:
     Could not find module `System.Time'
     It is a member of the hidden package `old-time-1.1.0.1'.
     Perhaps you need to add `old-time' to the build-depends in your
.cabal file.
     Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
Failed to install soegtk-0.9.12.2

I have forgotten anything I once knew about using cabal. I apologize for
not learning how to deal with the above on my own, but I am hoping to
get over this hump as quickly and painlessly as possible so I don't lose
my momentum getting back to Haskell.

So, can anyone give me a hint how to fix the above?

Best,

- DJ -