[Haskell-beginners] Difference between types and values

Matt Williams matt.williams45.mw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 06:52:08 UTC 2015

Dear All,

I am sure this is a common mistake, and I am happy to be pointed elsewhere
for reading.

I have spent the last couple of days on the Haskell irc channel, which was
very helpful.

However, one of the points of discussion left me confused.

When we have a type, T, with constructors A and B

(e.g. data T = A x y z | B x y)

How do I understand the relationship between A, B and T? I had thought I
could use the sub-class relationship, but that doesn't seem to be true.

Any other pointers very welcome.

Matt