[Haskell-beginners] Fwd: cabal install snap-server-0.9.5.1: At least the following dependencies are missing: attoparsec >=0.10 && <0.13 && ==0.13.0.1

Bjørn Øivind Bjørnsen bo.bjornsen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 15:20:21 UTC 2015

On 10/07/15 17:06, Imants Cekusins wrote:
> Well if Stackage packages ⊂ Hackage packages, there is choice:
>
> If you need the added benefits Stackage gives, "upgrade". Otherwise
> can stay with Hackage.
>
> ?

There's nothing stopping you from using Stackage in addition to Hackage.
As an example, I used stack to create a new app-skeleton last night. One
of the packages I wanted to use was the FFT package not available in
Stackage. I just added it to the .cabal file, and ran "stack solver":

% stack solver
This command is not guaranteed to give you a perfect build plan
It's possible that even with the changes generated below, you will still
need to do some manual tweaking
Asking cabal to calculate a build plan, please wait
flags:
  carray:
    bytestringinbase: false
extra-deps:
- carray-0.1.5.2
- fft-0.1.8.1
- ix-shapable-0.1.0

Resulting in the following stack.yaml file:
% cat stack.yaml
flags:
  carray:
    bytestringinbase: false
packages:
- '.'
extra-deps:
- carray-0.1.5.2
- fft-0.1.8.1
- ix-shapable-0.1.0
resolver: nightly-2015-07-08

When building using "stack build", it automatically downloaded,
configured and installed all my dependencies. No worrying about
sandboxes (because stack handles this gracefully by default as far as I
can tell) and no problems getting this simple skeleton up and running.

Note that I used the nightly resolver simply because I wanted to use GHC
7.10 which I already had installed. There are multiple resolvers
available (for GHC 7.8 and an LTS version with GHC 7.10 looks to arrive
shortly after GHC 7.10.2 has been released:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/stackage/Ux7ideofwIA)

Bjørn Øivind