[Haskell-beginners] Error while trying to install ByteString Package

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Sat Jan 17 08:07:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:54:34 +0100, Abhinav Kalawatia
<kalawatia_abhinav at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi, I get the following error while I tried installing the ByteString
> package. Could you please help me resolve this

> setup-Cabal-1.18.1.3-i386-windows-ghc-7.8.3.exe: Missing dependency on a
> foreign library:
> * Missing (or bad) header file: fpstring.h
:

The file fpstring.h is part of the bytestring package, so cabal-install
should be able to find it. The package installed fine on my computer. You
probably have more chance to get a helpful answer on the Haskell Café
mailing list.

Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--