[Haskell-beginners] How to show a predicate

Lyndon Maydwell maydwell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 14:11:16 UTC 2015

Depending on how you construct your predicates, you may be able to capture
their composition... And then serialise that.

For example:

If you were doing some sort of range intersection predicate construction ~

    R1 n R2 n R3

Could be represented as a list of those ranges [(l1,r1),(l2,r2),(l3,r3)].
Basically, instead of constructing a predicate function directly, you would
assemble a data-structure representing the essence of the predicate, then
convert that to both a function for evaluation, as well as a string for
serialisation. This would also allow you to perform some "optimisation"
before serialisation which could be fun.

Do you have some examples of what the predicates look like?

 - Lyndon