[Haskell-beginners] More type errors I'm having trouble with

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Thu Dec 10 00:57:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 4:19 AM, Dan Stromberg <strombrg at gmail.com> wrote:

What if I want to be able to deal gracefully with files that aren't
> readable, whether due to permissions issues or I/O errors?  I agree that
> zip'ing is easier, but is it as robust?

Making sense of this question requires an apples-to-apples comparison.
Observe that the original code doesn't deal with read errors either.

In fact, the replies in this thread have done only two things.

They've fixed the typecheck error.

And they've offered idiomatic -- but semantically identical -- rewritings
that read-fault in the exact same way as the original code.

-- Kim-Ee