[Haskell-beginners] Getting Crypto package imported

Dustin Lee qhfgva at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:55:51 UTC 2015

I used cabal to install Crypto and it seemed to work fine

Here is what I see at the prompt when I try to import the module

$ ghci
GHCi, version 7.4.1: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
Prelude> :m +Crypto

<no location info>:
    Could not find module `Crypto'
    It is not a module in the current program, or in any known package.
Prelude> :m +Crypto.Hash

<no location info>:
    Could not find module `Crypto.Hash'
    It is not a module in the current program, or in any known package.
Prelude> :m +Crypto.Hash.Data

<no location info>:
    Could not find module `Crypto.Data'
    It is not a module in the current program, or in any known package.

Here is my package list.

$ ghc-pkg list
/var/lib/ghc/package.conf.d
   Cabal-1.14.0
   array-0.4.0.0
   base-4.5.0.0
   bin-package-db-0.0.0.0
   binary-0.5.1.0
   bytestring-0.9.2.1
   containers-0.4.2.1
   deepseq-1.3.0.0
   directory-1.1.0.2
   extensible-exceptions-0.1.1.4
   filepath-1.3.0.0
   ghc-7.4.1
   ghc-prim-0.2.0.0
   haskell2010-1.1.0.1
   haskell98-2.0.0.1
   hoopl-3.8.7.3
   hpc-0.5.1.1
   integer-gmp-0.4.0.0
   old-locale-1.0.0.4
   old-time-1.1.0.0
   pretty-1.1.1.0
   process-1.1.0.1
   rts-1.0
   template-haskell-2.7.0.0
   time-1.4
   unix-2.5.1.0
/home/dlee/.ghc/i386-linux-7.4.1/package.conf.d
   Crypto-4.2.5.1
   HUnit-1.3.0.0
   QuickCheck-2.8.1
   primitive-0.6.1.0
   random-1.1
   tf-random-0.5
   transformers-0.4.3.0

I'd appreciate tips on how to troubleshoot what's going on.

--
Dustin Lee
qhfgva=rot13(dustin)