[Haskell-beginners] help with music application

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 03:30:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Dennis Raddle <dennis.raddle at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 5. Also, I can limit my functionality to what I need. The big programs
> like LilyPond need to handle all sorts of instruments and notations. Say,
> guitar. That's a whole project in itself. But I'm not using guitar. I'm
> only using maybe 20% of the types of symbols and expressive marks that the
> big programs handle.

Oh, in case it wasn't clear, I don't handle typesetting at all... I'm still
using Sibelius or Finale to do that. I can export via MusicXML rather than
MIDI, which gets me most of the symbols on the score and organizes the
structure of the music. My program is MusicXML -> MIDI, via custom
algorithms.