[Haskell-beginners] Stack and packages not in the snapshot

Thomas Koster tkoster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 00:16:42 UTC 2015

Good morning list,

I have started to use stack with Stackage LTS for building my projects
because I like the idea of a stable snapshot of packages known to work
together.

Then I tried to build "x509-util-1.5.2". This package fails to build
and this is already known by upstream.

And lo, "x509-util" is not in Stackage LTS 3.2, which makes sense.

But what surprised me is that stack attempted to build a package not
in the snapshot, when my resolver is "lts-3.2" (and no extra-deps).

Is there a way to configure stack to build packages from the snapshot
only? Or does it already work this way, only trying "x509-util"
because *I* said "stack build x509-util"?

Thanks in advance.
--
Thomas Koster