[Haskell-beginners] converting a json encoded radix tree to a haskell data type

David McBride toad3k at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 16:45:35 UTC 2015

Well I went ahead and completed that function, but I didn't use your data
types exactly, but it should be a one to one mapping, just modify this
function with your constructors.

radix2things :: RadixTree -> [(Text, (Maybe Int, Maybe Int))]
radix2things r = conv' mempty r
  where
    conv' :: Text -> RadixTree -> [(Text, (Maybe Int, Maybe Int))]
    conv' acc (Leaf (Times a b)) = [(acc, (a, b))]
    conv' acc r@(Node ns) = P.concatMap (\(t,r) -> conv' (acc <> t) r) ns

And you'll get a result like:

*Main> case decode teststr of Nothing -> undefined; Just a -> conv a
[("a2b2",(Just 4,Just 5)),("ab",(Just 1,Just 2)),("acd",(Just 3,Nothing))]

Good luck.