[Haskell-beginners] Error when running `cabal install cabal-install`

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 21:12:59 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 4:08 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi MacPorts Users, Is there better solution to this problem? Please
>> see the original question regarding the conflict of MacPorts and
>> Haskell. (I don't what to use haskell from MacPorts as I want to keep
>> updated with the latest version of Haskell.)
>

> I personally would not --- and do not --- chase the latest ghc, because a
> fair amount of stuff still doesn't build with ghc 7.10.1 and we in #haskell
> on Freenode keep having to advise people to switch back to 7.8 until the

I mean not "so old" instead of "latest". I am currently using this.

~$ ghc --version
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 7.8.3

I had problems with MacPorts for Python and Perl. The general
suggestion is to stay way from MacPorts for managing packages offered
by other language platforms. As if I use MacPorts for managing
packages from these languages, I am limited by what are available from
MacPorts.

--
Regards,
Peng