[Haskell-beginners] texture mapping with SDL

Florian Gillard florian.gillard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 13:58:14 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I am not sure my previous message went trough, if so, sorry for the double
post.

I am trying to make a basic raycaster (something like the first wolfenstein
3D) using haskell and SDL 1.2

So far I have it working using coloured lines and I would like to know if
there is any way to apply transforms to textures loaded in memory using
SDL, in order to achieve basic texture mapping on the walls.

I looked at the SDL doc but I didn't find anything looking like what I need.

The code is there:

https://github.com/eniac314/maze-generator/blob/master/raycaster.hs

sreenshot here:
https://github.com/eniac314/maze-generator/blob/master/raycaster.png

(the last part is not done yet but has nothing to do with the raycaster)

I would appreciate any suggestion :)