[Haskell-beginners] HXT: encoding problem

David McBride toad3k at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 15:20:52 UTC 2014

I've had issues like this before where it had to do with the locale
settings on my machine at the time.  It is subtle and annoying but it will
cause various haskell functions that read, like hGetContents to flip out if
they see a character that is not readable by the locale you have set.  It
has to be something to do with that.