[Haskell-beginners] fresh install - cabal version confusion

Miroslav Karpis miroslav.karpis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:04:44 UTC 2014

Hi, please can you help me with following? I¹m having some issues with a
Haskell upgrade.
Before upgrade I have uninstalled Haskell, removed directory + removed .ghc
and .cabal files. After I install haskell and run cabal ­V I get the output
below. Confusing is the versions cabal returns: cabal-install version
1.18.0.5 using version 1.18.1.4? I have tried to run also cabal update, what
installed 1.20.0.3, but I still got the same output. What does it mean?

I¹m running on Mac.

=== Configuration for cabal has been written to
    /Users/miro/.cabal/config

=== Executables will be installed in:
    /Users/miro/Library/Haskell/bin

    You may wish to place this on your PATH by adding the following
    line to your ~/.bash_profile:

    export PATH="$HOME/Library/Haskell/bin:$PATH"

=== When documentation is built, a master index to all documentation
    will be placed in:

    /Users/miro/Library/Haskell/doc/index.html

    You may wish to bookmark that file once it gets built (after the
    first cabal install).

Downloading the latest package list from hackage.haskell.org
Note: there is a new version of cabal-install available.
To upgrade, run: cabal install cabal-install
cabal-install version 1.18.0.5
using version 1.18.1.4 of the Cabal library