[Haskell-beginners] Patch source, then pickup compile

James Toll james at jtoll.com
Sat Sep 20 17:41:28 UTC 2014

On Sep 20, 2014, at 12:08 PM, Nadir Sampaoli <nadirsampaoli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Il 20/set/2014 18:58 "James Toll" <james at jtoll.com> wrote:
> >
> > I do have one concern though.  The part where you mention that if any of the source files are changed, then cabal will rebuild.  I don’t want or need that functionality given that this is supposed to be a temporary work around until the fixed version of Pandoc is in Hackage.
>
> According to the wiki ("sandboxes: advanced usage" section) you should use `cabal sandbox add-source --snapshot` "which disables the change tracking".
>

> > If possible, I might prefer to just delete the pandoc-1.13.1 source subdirectory entirely, as long as it doesn’t mess up the current hakyll installation. Is that possible?  If not, in the future, once the version of Pandoc in Hackage has been updated, is it then possible to remove the added source?
> To remove an added source I think the correct sandbox subcommand is `delete-source`. See the --help for more info.

Yes, thank you.  The ‘—snapshot' was in the documentation.  I should have noticed it.

The 'delete-source' doesn’t appear to be in the ‘cabal sandbox —help’ page, although 'cabal sandbox list-sources’ supposedly mentions it once you have local build trees.  I'll see if that ends up being the case.

Thank you.

James