[Haskell-beginners] Patch source, then pickup compile

Nadir Sampaoli nadirsampaoli at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 06:52:29 UTC 2014

Hello,

> > I wonder if I need to set this up as a shared sandbox so that pandoc
gets installed to the sandbox in the parent directory.  Kind of like the
first example from the “Advanced usage” section of:

> > http://coldwa.st/e/blog/2013-08-20-Cabal-sandbox.html
>
> Creating a shared sandbox ended up working.  I don’t know it that’s the
proper way to do this kind of thing.

For the moment Benjamin's solution seems the best way to go but, just for
the record, I think the command you're looking for might be `cabal sandbox
add-source ./your-local-patched-pandoc/` and then `install` (see
http://www.haskell.org/cabal/users-guide/installing-packages.html under
"Sandboxes: Basic usage" or probably the very same article you referred to,
which seems the source for the wiki).

--
Nadir