[Haskell-beginners] Patch source, then pickup compile

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 04:05:45 UTC 2014

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 12:01 AM, James Toll <james at jtoll.com> wrote:

> [james ~/src/haskell/sandboxes/hakyll/pandoc-1.13.1]$ cabal install -j
> Resolving dependencies...
> In order, the following will be installed:

This sounds like it did not indeed install in the sandbox (compare the
notice after "Resolving dependencies" in the hakyll install). Unfortunately
I don't know what follows from here; it sounds like a cabal bug to me, but
maybe being in the patched pandoc source directory keeps it from seeing the
sandbox, in which case maybe there's an option to point to a specific
sandbox for installs? (I still don't have a working Haskell install on my
new machine, and am not sure at this point when I'll be able to get to it,
sigh.)