[Haskell-beginners] Patch source, then pickup compile

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 02:06:13 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:03 PM, James Toll <james at jtoll.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your suggestion.  I think you're saying that I should ‘cabal
> install -j’ from within the pandoc-1.13.1 directory to build pandoc.  But
> then I will still need to build hakyll, so do I cd up to the hakyll parent
> directory and cabal install -j from there as well?

Just "cabal install -j hakyll" as usual. It'll see the installed pandoc
and, as long as the version is compatible, not reinstall it. It should give
you a warning if it's incompatible. In that case, you'll need to ask the
hakyll folks and possibly have to install whatever package requires it
manually in the same way you are installing pandoc, but in this case you
would just be editing the cabal file to fix the version.