[Haskell-beginners] error compiling haskell-src-1.0.1.4

Jason T. Slack-Moehrle slackmoehrle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 03:11:12 UTC 2014

I am trying to compile haskell-platform on an AWS instance. The version:
haskell-platform-2011.2.0.0

It was going OK, but now I am getting an error I dont know how to solve:

Building haskell-src-1.0.1.4...
[1 of 6] Compiling Language.Haskell.Syntax ( Language/Haskell/Syntax.hs,
dist/build/Language/Haskell/Syntax.o )
[2 of 6] Compiling Language.Haskell.Pretty ( Language/Haskell/Pretty.hs,
dist/build/Language/Haskell/Pretty.o )
[3 of 6] Compiling Language.Haskell.ParseMonad (
Language/Haskell/ParseMonad.hs, dist/build/Language/Haskell/ParseMonad.o )
[4 of 6] Compiling Language.Haskell.ParseUtils (
Language/Haskell/ParseUtils.hs, dist/build/Language/Haskell/ParseUtils.o )
[5 of 6] Compiling Language.Haskell.Lexer ( Language/Haskell/Lexer.hs,
dist/build/Language/Haskell/Lexer.o )
[6 of 6] Compiling Language.Haskell.Parser (
dist/build/Language/Haskell/Parser.hs, dist/build/Language/Haskell/Parser.o
)

dist/build/Language/Haskell/Parser.hs:0:36:
    The function `runParserWithMode' is applied to 8 arguments,
    but its type `ParseMode -> P a0 -> String -> ParseResult a0'
    has only three
    In the expression: runParserWithMode mode parse 1 3 4 3 4 2
    In an equation for `parseModuleWithMode':
        parseModuleWithMode mode = runParserWithMode mode parse 1 3 4 3 4 2

Error:
Building the haskell-src-1.0.1.4 package failed
make: *** [build.stamp] Error 2

Can anyone help me get past this?

Best,
Jason