[Haskell-beginners] Use mysql-simple (OS X and dymanic library trouble)

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 15:20:51 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Christian Sperandio <
christian.sperandio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Meanwhile, I have to do the ugly export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH :/

Actually, don't --- that actually stands a good chance of breaking things
in bizarre ways. Use DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH instead, it's less likely
to cause weird breakage.

The other problem is that Eclipse is generally launched from the GUI, and
getting DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH visible to the GUI is painful:  you need
to create ~/.launchd.conf and add something like

    setenv DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/
mysql-5.6.11-osx10.7-x86_64/lib

to it, then log out and back in so that the GUI is started with it. (This
does stand a certain chance of making things go haywire, because you're
really not supposed to set that --- but in this case I think you're stuck.)