[Haskell-beginners] Trouble Understanding How to Start

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sat Oct 18 16:26:18 UTC 2014

What is `get` supposed to do when there is no variable equal to `x`? The
type should be `Name -> Env -> Maybe Int`, there should be some additional
argument for the default value, or there should be some hard-coded default
value.

If you were using a hard-coded default value of `-1` it might look like
this:

get :: Name -> Env -> Int
get x env = case env x of
  Just n  -> n