[Haskell-beginners] A better way to "integrate"

Dimitri DeFigueiredo defigueiredo at ucdavis.edu
Wed May 21 16:57:39 UTC 2014

Thanks, the realization that price, cost and volume are different quantities
is exactly what led me to play around with the Units library.

I have a problem with Num. Shouldn't it be broken up into the fundamentals
of abstract algebra: Group, Ring, Field, etc? Just like is done for
Functors,
Applicative Functors, Monads, etc. It would avoid having the
typechecker allow me to multiply a Meter by Meter to get another Meter
(instead of the correct unit Meter^2).

Cheers,

Dimitri