[Haskell-beginners] Hello World

John M. Dlugosz ngnr63q02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Mar 26 22:40:14 UTC 2014

I'm learning Haskell as a background activity, and just wanted to introduce myself and get
the list subscription stuff sorted out.

My primary machine runs Windows 7.  I have Haskell Platform working OK including GCHi-Win,
but could not get Lekseh to work.  However, trying that showed me the world of Cabel, and
I have yet to find an introduction/tutorial on that.  The Haskell Platform comes with some
libraries, but doesn't have a Cabel tool or anything I'd reconize as a repository, like
Lekseh was setting up.

It's said that the best feature of Perl is CPAN.  I suppose Cabel is Haskell's equivalent
of that, or aims to be.  So, what's up with that?  Starting from a blank prompt (that can
run ghc successfully) now what?

—John