[Haskell-beginners] library for lattice data structure

James Toll james at jtoll.com
Wed Mar 12 04:35:34 UTC 2014

On Mar 11, 2014, at 9:57 PM, Kim-Ee Yeoh  wrote:

> Looks like a case of Finite Language Syndrome. 'Lattice' has a pretty specific technical meaning in math, which isn't what's referred to here. If something on hackage mentions lattice, it's invariably the math meaning.

Yes, I was concerned there might be some conflict between the finance, math and/or physics terminology.  I gave a fair amount of thought to how to refer to the structure, but in the end just picked lattice because that’s how it’s referred to in the wikipedia link I included and because I had already read a lot of quibbling over the use of “tree”, mostly in the context of binary trees and binary heaps.

Coming from a finance background, differences in terminology between finance, physics, math, and statistics is par for the course.  I’ll have to be better about understanding the terminology from a math perspective and will try to keep that in mind when posting to this list.

Thanks,

James