[Haskell-beginners] Combining IO and Either function to "EitherT e IO a"

Tim Perry tim.v2.0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 23:19:48 UTC 2014

Kim-Ee,

If I see a function with the signature ":: IO String" I immediately assume
it is getLine or one of its ilk. Thus the Op's question doesn't seem odd at
all to me. Could you explicate on why you find this very confusing? After
all:

:Prelude> :t getLine
getLine :: IO String

I think you know a lot more about Haskell than I do so I'm curious what the
thinking behind your post was.

Thanks,

Tim