[Haskell-beginners] cabal sandbox add-source + cabal repl (for tracking Idris git version)

Andreas Reuleaux reuleaux at web.de
Mon Jul 14 09:33:37 UTC 2014

OK, I see, thanks a lot, and yes: that seems to work fine.

When calling
  cabal install idris
in my sandbox, I can see in the beginning of the compilation
messages, that it's using my idr/dev now:

Resolving dependencies...
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( /home/reuleaux/idr/dev/dist/dist-sandbox-b7fec085/setup/setup.hs, /home/reuleaux/idr/dev/dist/dist-sandbox-b7fec085/setup/Main.o )

Is there a better way to verify though (apart from looking at
these compilation messages, in the cabal repl maybe),
that cabal is indeed using my other idr/dev sandbox
(and not Idris from hackage) ?

-Andreas