[Haskell-beginners] Just started working with Haskell. Need some help

Pyro Crane pyrocrane1 at aol.com
Mon Jan 20 07:06:35 UTC 2014

Hello again.

Thank you all for your very helpful replies  (below)

Here is the error I got when I tried to run my script :

Could not find module `Graphics.GD'
Locations searched:
Graphics/GD.hs
Graphics/GD.lhs

As with the previous errors, I went on Google, to find out which module and/or package I needed to install.

Apparently, I need something called "GD"

When I tried :   cabal install gd

I got the following :

Resolving dependencies...
Configuring gd-3000.7.3...
cabal-1.16.0.2: Missing dependencies on foreign libraries:
* Missing (or bad) header file: gd.h
* Missing C libraries: gd, expat

Failed to install gd-3000.7.3
cabal-1.16.0.2: Error: some packages failed to install:
gd-3000.7.3 failed during the configure step.  The exception was: ExitFailure 1

Upon further inquiries via google,  I found somewhere the following :

This problem can usually be solved by installing the system packages that
provide these libraries (you may need the "-dev" versions). If the libraries
are already installed but in a non-standard location then you can use the
flags --extra-include-dirs= and --extra-lib-dirs= to specify where they are.

I thought I did this already.

But, apparently, I did something wrong??