[Haskell-beginners] Is a ghc package the same as a cabal package?

Philippe Sismondi psismondi at arqux.com
Tue Feb 18 17:56:20 UTC 2014

Thanks, all. That helps.

The ambiguous use of the term "package" was tripping me up. Kind of like when I didn't know that "cabal" invokes "cabal-install", and (more recently) that I invoke "cabal-repl" by typing "cabal repl".

Funny that understanding the problems created by ambiguity in source code does not seem to prevent us as a community from f**king up our use of natural language, naming, documentation etc.

Back to work.

Best,

- P -