[Haskell-beginners] Data.Stream interleave implementation question

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Wed Feb 12 14:03:52 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Bryan Brady <bryan.brady at gmail.com> wrote:

> What solution do you think the author had in mind? He did hint to use
> define and use interleaveStreams and to avoid checking divisibility
> testing.

Recall the famous haskell fibonacci:

fib = 0 : 1 : some_function_of fib

Mathematically speaking, what fractal property does the ruler sequence
observe that you could similarly exploit?

As for your solution, I don't doubt for a minute it's correct (I probably
could have worded what I said better). The hope is that a proof would be
interesting/delightful in that ineffable math-y way.

-- Kim-Ee