[Haskell-beginners] Getting started with Haskell

Christopher Allen cma at bitemyapp.com
Tue Dec 23 00:07:37 UTC 2014

Most people from the haskell-beginners IRC channel that did FP101x didn't
like it as much as the cis194 -> NICTA course progression. One common
complaint was the tedious homework. Another was that it seemed like a thin
layer over Hutton's book. Exercises are a prominent part of cis194 and
NICTA course - they're not easy either. But those exercises don't feel
unfair, trifling, or trivial in the way FP101x's homework did.

As a result, I don't recommend FP101x. I would like to see more and better
multimedia resources for learning Haskell. Some people take to audio/video
more readily.

--- Chris Allen