[Haskell-beginners] Sandbox Confusion

Britt Anderson britt at uwaterloo.ca
Fri Aug 15 00:13:14 UTC 2014

The cabal sandbox is confusing me. Specifically, trying to install hakyll in a sandbox. I begin with:
cabal sandbox init
cabal install -j hakyll
and all goes well,
then to run the shell script as specified in the tutorial here (http://jaspervdj.be/hakyll/tutorials/01-installation.html):
cabal exec hakyll-init my-site
and this works, and I
cd ./my-site
but the next step specified in the tutorial I can't figure out how to work.
It is:
ghc --make -threaded site.hs

It fails because it cannot find the Hakyll module to import.

I am hoping to learn what the proper command would be in a sandbox environment, and hopefully that will help me understand this sanboxing a bit better. It seems that haskell is developing faster than my beginners knowledge, and I am losing ground. I used to at least be able to install things.