[Haskell-beginners] Feedback on my first, small project (piece).

Dominik Bollmann dominikbollmann at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 20:08:51 UTC 2014

Hello Haskeller's,

I recently dived into Haskell and then wanted to practice it a bit!
Therefore I wrote a small program that matches UNIX-style globs. The
program behaves kind of like grep, just that it matches a glob and not a
regular expression. And also, it offers only *very* rudimental
functionality compared to grep.

The code is available on github: https://github.com/bollmann/Globber
When writing the program I tried to satisfy the specification as given
at: http://www.scs.stanford.edu/14sp-cs240h/labs/lab1.html. This Lab
material btw. also inspired me to try writing such a program :-).

In order to improve my programming in Haskell, I would love to hear
feedback from you guys on this first small project of mine. Any comments
regarding style, used idioms, as well as general and specific code
improvements are highly appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers, Dominik.