[Haskell-beginners] How would you write...

John M. Dlugosz ngnr63q02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Apr 22 18:37:50 UTC 2014

On 4/22/2014 8:58 AM, Kim-Ee Yeoh wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 3:00 PM, John M. Dlugosz <ngnr63q02 at sneakemail.com
> <mailto:ngnr63q02 at sneakemail.com>> wrote:
>
>     chain1 = [ translate x y $ color red $ Circle r | (x,y,r) <- pappus 100 [1..10] ]
>

> What is translate? What is color? What is Circle? What is pappus?
>
> None of this is plain haskell.
>
> John, if you make your readers guess at undefined names, they'll go away and hangout
> somewhere friendlier!
>
> -- Kim-Ee

Sorry — I thought showing a form that did work would be enough.  The important part is
that I have a input = map foo [0..10] and a bar (t1,t2,t3) = baz where baz returns a
tuple, and the result of bar is the guts of another map.

I didn't realize that using real words from a library instead of foo and bar was
considered unfriendly!