[Haskell-beginners] Haddock and XML

Emanuel Koczwara poczta at emanuelkoczwara.pl
Mon Apr 21 19:23:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

> Birdtrack (‘>’ in front of a line) syntax takes everything verbatim so
> it should do what you want. I'm not in an environment to test this at
> the moment so let me know how it goes.

From documentation (www.haskell.org/haddock/doc/html/ch03s08.html):

3.8.2. Special characters

The following characters have special meanings in documentation
comments: \, /, ', `, ", @, <. To insert a literal occurrence of one of
these special characters, precede it with a backslash (\).

Additionally, the character > has a special meaning at the beginning of
a line, and the following characters have special meanings at the
beginning of a paragraph: *, -. These characters can also be escaped
using \.

Furthermore, the character sequence >>> has a special meaning at the
beginning of a line. To escape it, just prefix the characters in the
sequence with a backslash.

Updated test case: http://lpaste.net/103051
Haddock error: http://lpaste.net/103052

Emanuel