[Haskell-beginners] Where does cabal store its junk?

Karl Voelker karl at karlv.net
Mon Apr 21 04:53:32 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014, at 09:12 PM, John M. Dlugosz wrote:
> When I use cabal to “install” a package, where does it end up on my disk?
>  I can't seem to
> find it.

A package can be installed into your user package database or the global
package database, and the locations of both depend on your operating
system (and possibly other factors). If you run "ghc-pkg list", in
addition to listing all your installed packages, it will also show you
the locations of both package databases.

-Karl