[Haskell-beginners] failed to install HTTP-4000.2.4 when executing `cabal install cabal-install`

hengchu Zhang hengchu.zhang at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 20:08:31 UTC 2014

Hi Friends,

When I tried to update cabal-install today by doing `cabal install
cabal-install`, I got the following message due to failure in compiling
Network/HTTP/Auth.hs, here is a screenshot of the process

​
I am using Mac OS 10.8.4, and I installed haskell from homebrew. Does this
mean something might have went wrong when I installed haskell? I have Xcode
5.1.1 and the latest command line tools installed. Does anyone know what
might be going wrong?

Thank you so much for your help!

Best,
Hengchu