[Haskell-beginners] Nonsensical behavior with http-conduit, httpLbs

Christopher Allen cma at bitemyapp.com
Thu Apr 10 06:25:02 UTC 2014

It's a step removed from that, and `seq`'ing insertData isn't fixing it,
only a threadDelay is.

The operations insertData is performing are:
delete index, create index, add document to index

the operation queryTweet is performing is:
search index

The behavior seems to indicate "search index" is happening before "add
document to index" and after "delete index", as the document will not exist
when the query is performed.

Only adding a threadDelay as reliably worked. Even `seq`'ing insertData
doesn't work.

Are the requests somehow being performed concurrently?