[Haskell-beginners] finding the exact instance of a function causing an error

Nathan Hüsken nathan.huesken at posteo.de
Wed Sep 25 23:57:38 CEST 2013

Hey,

I have a program, that, when I run it fails with: Main: Prelude.tail:
empty list

Can I somehow find out which exat instance of tail causes this error?
I tried compiling with -prof and running with +RTX -xc, which gives me:

*** Exception (reporting due to +RTS -xc): (THUNK_2_0), stack trace:
   GHC.List.CAF
   --> evaluated by: SYSTEM.SYSTEM
*** Exception (reporting due to +RTS -xc): (THUNK_2_0), stack trace:
   GHC.List.CAF
*** Exception (reporting due to +RTS -xc): (THUNK_2_0), stack trace:
   GHC.List.CAF

Does not really help me ...

Thanks!
Nathan