[Haskell-beginners] help with FFI: passing char* to dll function + pointer freeing

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Sat Sep 21 22:10:56 CEST 2013

Hello Miro,

The immediate problem is that you need to use the bind
notation (param <- newCString "foo") rather than let
notation, but if the string will not be used beyond the
function call, it is preferable to use withCString

Edward

Excerpts from Miro Karpis's message of Sat Sep 21 15:25:58 -0400 2013: