[Haskell-beginners] typo in tutorial?

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Sep 2 20:05:53 CEST 2013

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 10:05:12AM -0700, Jason Sachs wrote:
> is there a typo in the tutorial? http://www.haskell.org/tutorial/io.html
>
> sequence_        :: [IO ()] -> IO ()
> sequence_ []     =  return ()
> sequence_ (a:as) =  do a
>                        sequence as
>
> Shouldn't that last line be the following? (if so could someone please
> report it? i don't know where to report typos/bugs in the tutorial)
>
> sequence_ (a:as) =  do a
>                        sequence_ as

Yes, you are absolutely right.

By the way, this is not "the" tutorial, it is just one particular
tutorial (and a very old one at that).  Yes, I know its URL is
haskell.org/tutorial, that is a historical accident rather than a
blessing of canonicity.

I am not sure who has access to the website to be able to fix it.

-Brent