[Haskell-beginners] monads do not fit together?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 15:03:01 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Kees Bleijenberg <
k.bleijenberg at lijbrandt.nl> wrote:

> I get the same message (Couldn't match expected type `CGIT IO a0'   with
> actual type `IO [String]'). I think I do understand where this message is
> coming from. But what can I do to fix it?

For now, you just correct the type of runRefreshFirewall; it should be

    runRefreshFirewall :: String -> CGIT IO [String]

If you are intending to run actual IO actions in the real thing, you'll
need to use liftIO to "reach" the IO embedded in the CGIT IO a.